Wednesday 14 December 2011

Christmas is coming!

A longer break than usual, we had a very special guest and I wanted to give this guest my full attention (or at least what G allowed me). So here I am, on a fine crisp morning, tucked in bed with baby G (and for a change, each in her own bed!), going on and on about Christmas...
We managed to get the first proper outing in our schedule. We went to Birmingham Christmas Market (Frankfurt style, they say). It was quite good, and a lot bigger than last time I went. And it still had some magic of Christmas.
What is it about Christmas markets that they feel...magic? I went to Salzburg once in December. There were Christmas Markets in every square in the city, and it was like a fairytale. All I did was walk around, the whole athmosphere was amazing! I obviously fell in love with the place...
So what is it about places around Christmas that they just give me a special feeling? Is it the lights? Is it the colder weather? Is it the special people i am with at the time? Is it the (much more than usual) people running around with a slightly desperate look on their faces, trying to get last minute Christmas shopping done, knowing that I'm almost there? Or maybe not this last one! But whatever it is, there's something that makes me become a child again (even more than I usually am) and jump with excitement. I even get excited about the Chrismas presents that I am (hopefully) going to get! Even the one that arrived yesterday and I had it opened - and that I'm going to have to wrap nicely for myself. (no, it's not a present from me to me!). One thing is for sure. My heart rate goes up with anticipation.and of course there's the thought of the Christmas tree that I'll be getting soon. A real one, maybe not environmentally friendly, but I just love the smell of a real Xmas tree, and the touch of it.
And of course, what makes this Christmas even more special is that it's the baby's first! And although her eyes probably won't light up with anticipation or with joy at seeing the presents, mine will, and hopefully we'll manage to get some wide eyes and smiles out of G!
Happy Christmas everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment