Thursday 1 December 2011

Motherhood (and apple pie)

How do you prepare for motherhood?
You can't! No matter how many books you read, how many people you talk to, how many warn you that a child changes your life, it's nothing like the real life! Holding that little bit of you in your arms is amazing yet frightening. Farewell freedom to do whatever you want! You are now responsible for another human being. Scary. This other human being is totally dependent on you.
Does it change people? I was told it does. They were right. Priorities change, you are no longer that important, and you are no longer selfish. Ok you might not have been selfish in the first place but I was!
There's nothing like motherhood, feeling the warmth of your baby close to you, feeling the deep connection.
Oh and the intensity of the love that you feel is unbelievable. I didn't know such love exists!
Let's not forget the apple pie. My mum makes a killer apple pie, called "Turkish". No idea if they make it there but it's delicious. Apples and cinnamon inside, chocolate sauce on top... I am willing to share the goodness and publish the recipe on public request!

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree!! ..and, yes, I want the pie recipe. On second thought, send the recipe to Kim & tell her to make it for me :)

    ReplyDelete