Friday 2 December 2011

Crying

What is it with babies that they cry and you just can't tell why? They always have a reason but poor things they just can't point out what it is. At least I'm no longer feeling helpless and almost wanting to cry myself when it happens! Just deal with it, woman!:-)
I was tricked into a false sense of security when I was finally able to bring G home. She wasn't crying much. So I thought, I've hit the jackpot! The nurses did warn me, just wait until she's officially born. They were right... And I am actually lucky, she's not too bad.
Here's an interesting thing about premature babies. They are noisy. Not crying, just all sorts of weird and wonderful noises. I don't know whether that's a sing of things to come and she'll be talkative (I wonder where she's got that from?!?). I heard a mother of a preemie was wearing an ear plug in one ear to muffle the noise a bit. There's moaning, grunting, twisting and turning, sighing, all sorts! It can be comforting as you know they're well when they do this. Stops you from checking that they breathe. Considering that before I brought G home the hospital made sure I know how to do CPR, checking the breathing every 5 minutes could have been an issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment