Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas

So now that I have announced my Christmas excitement to the world, what am I looking forward to?
There is always the hope for snow... I live in the UK and we all know that the stuff that we get out of the sky most of the time is...rain! But I'm an eternal optimist, so maybe we'll get at least the ground covered this winter.
Then there are the lights-Christmas lights everywhere, spreading joy. And of course the tree. I usually try to protect the environment, but when it comes to the Christmas tree, nothing can beat the smell and touch of real one!
Let's not forget the food - all those goodies, savoury and sweet, that my mum is making. I don't know how she does it, but at the end of a few hard working days there are mountains of stuff ready to go straight on our hips and bellies! Wouldn't change it for the world...
I also like sending and receiving Christmas cards - the old fashion ones, on paper, with just a few hand-written words. The electronic cards are cute, but to me they lack the human touch.
And of course there is Santa or Father Christmas. And I still believe in him, in his spirit.
Sadly the father of a good friend of mine died yesterday. Heartbreaking. It has made me think about what is important. Spend as much time as you can with the ones you love, don't miss any opportunity to get together, and when you think you've done enough, do some more!
Be loved and happy - Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment